Pool Play seeding will be pre-determined by the tournament director and each registered team will be placed in a division (if applicable) and matched up with opponents based on the past and present information. Our goal is to offer teams the opportunity to play new competition while matching teams up based on their past success in tournament play.
In the event of a tie in record, the following criteria will determine the playoff/championship berth:
1. Win-loss record
2. Head to Head winner
3. If three teams are tied, and one team has defeated both other teams, that team advances (if not move to #4)
4. Total runs allowed in pool play
5. Total runs scored in pool play
6. If still tied – Total runs allowed subtracting game with most runs allowed in pool play
7. If still tied – Total runs allowed minus two games with most runs allowed in pool play
8. If still tied – Runs scored inning by inning starting with first game until one team has more runs after a complete inning starting with pool games
9. Second place teams will always be taken ahead of 3rd place teams for wild cards, 3rd place ahead of 4th place, etc.
TIE BREAKERS Games in pool play that are tied after time limit has expired shall be recorded as a tie. If a bracket game is tied after time has expired, the following format will be used to determine a winner.
• Last 3 hitters (who completed his at bat) from previous inning load the bases as follows:
• Last hitter from previous inning at 1B
• Hitter before that at 2B
• Hitter before that at 3B
• Normal substitution rules apply to these runners.
• Inning will start with 1 out
• Process is repeated until winner is determined
*these general rules are subject to change for specific tournaments and will be pre-determined by the tournament director(s).